I update my TOS occasionally, usually just clearing up wording. If I make significant changes, you will only be held to the old version of the TOS, as it appeared at the time of your first payment.
This TOS was changed significantly as of December 2019. Those who commissioned before December 2019 are subject to old/different policies regarding deadlines and waitlist order.
- Quotes for fursuits are CLOSED until one month before I open for fursuit commissions. Quotes for art are always open.
- If you are a current customer looking to upgrade a commission, such as adding more parts to a fursuit, you may request a quote anytime. Past fursuit customers may also request quotes for additional fursuit parts (or make down mayments for additional parts) at any time, regardless of public quote/commission status being closed (see below).
Waitlist, PAYMENT PLANS, and Cancellation/Refunds
- Payment plans are available for all drawings/sculptures/fursuit parts with a total cost over $50.
- A waitlist position cannot be held for you until you have made a down payment of 20% of your commission cost (for fursuits this is per part, see below).
- Down payments are meant to be the first payment of an ongoing payment plan, not a way to hold a place in the waitlist while still being unsure of whether or not you can pay the total. In other words, serious buyers only. Do not save up for a commission if you’re struggling to save up for rent/school/necessities. Please consider that cancellations/refunds are very hard on me financially.
- You may cancel your commission at any time before work has begun on it and you will receive a full refund, minus a processing fee of $100 for suits or $20 for art (there is no fee in the case of unreasonable wait time, see below).
- The “General Waitlist” is for those who have not finished payment plans yet. No work will be done on these commissions until they are paid off (see below) and moved up to the numbered list.
- The “Numbered Waitlist” is for those who have completed all payments (including estimated cost of shipping) on their art or individual fursuit part. Numbers order is assigned based on who finishes paying off their commission first. These waitlist slots will be worked on in the order they are listed in (for fursuits this is per part that you pay off, so it is possible to have separate numbered slots for each part).
- Payment plans must be fully paid off, including the estimated price of shipping, within 1 year of making your down payment. Work will not begin on the commission until all payment has been received (for fursuits, this is per individual fursuit part). “Work” means anything that requires time/effort on my part including discussing details of your suit design, finding materials, and planning sketches. If payment has not been completed at the end of 1 year, your commission will be automatically cancelled, no exceptions. You will receive a full refund, minus a processing fee ($100 for suits, $20 for art). Refunds may take up to 1 month per $50 I owe you. Failure to complete any payment plan within 1 year means that you will be required to pay in full upfront for any future commissions.
- Once I have started work on the commission, I DO NOT GIVE REFUNDS. Giving me permission to start work on your commission means that you agree to permanently give up the option of cancellation/refund. No exceptions, regardless of any extenuating circumstances. I send lots of progress pictures as I work, so you will have many opportunities to correct mistakes before the piece is finished. If there is still a problem with the piece after completion/shipment (that you informed me about before shipment, or that was not visible in WIP photos), I am happy to correct it and pay for return shipping. Exceptions wherein a refund may be issued after work has started are: personal conflict (see below), unreasonably long wait times (see below), or if I decide to cancel your commission for personal reasons.
- You may upgrade your commission (for example adding a background) without losing your position on the waitlist. This may be done at any time regardless of closed/open status, providing I haven’t started your piece yet or the change is an easy adjustment (see Design). PLEASE NOTE: upgrades added after a price raise will be charged the new price, not the old one you may have originally been quoted.
Deadlines / Wait Time
- I am no longer accepting deadlines (starting with people who commission in December 2019).
- I do not accept extra money for “rush delivery” or to move you up the waitlist.
- Your commission can be refunded if it has not been completed within 2 years of you having completed payment. If little work has been completed, you will receive a full refund with no fees. If significant work has been completed, you may only be partially refunded, and shipped the incomplete piece for another artist to finish.
- Your commission will be publicly listed on the waitlist.
- I may post work in progress photos of your piece at any time, on any of my social media. Same for photos of the finished piece.
- You are also free (encouraged) to post WIP and finished commission photos on any of your accounts, since it gives me free publicity. Please, just credit me as the artist (preferably with a link to my account) and never crop out my signature. Other people reposting my work, as long as it’s credited to me, is also fine.
- I do not require a full reference sheet, however I am not responsible for design mistakes that result from incomplete/incorrect reference pictures.
- You may not change aspects of the character design past points of “no return”, for example sculpture shape cannot be changed after painting, suit colors cannot be changed after ordering fur (unless you pay for more fur), etc.
Pricing / Shipping
- Price lists are subject to change at any time (this does not affect your total if you have already made a down payment).
- Prices listed/quoted do not include cost of shipping!
- I am not responsible for items lost in the mail and cannot refund you.
Working with Minors (under 18)
- For the time being I am accepting commissions from minors, including fursuits.
- Minors cannot be held legally accountable for a contract, which is why most fursuit makers won’t work with them. Basically I have no way to force a minor to pay me, if you decide to be a jerk about it. So don’t be a jerk, and I’ll continue to be able to work with minors.
- You’re not supposed to have a PayPal account if you’re under 18 (PayPal can ban you from ever having an account again!), so please go through your guardians. I will ask to see photo ID if I suspect you are lying about your age. Confirmation that you have lied about your age will result in a permanent ban.
- I may terminate your commission at any time (even after work has begun) if you are repeatedly rude, creepy, or otherwise intolerable. You will receive a full refund (minus the $100/$20 processing fee), but your commission will be altered to look like a different character and resold, you will be banned from all future commissions, and I will post a “beware” warning other artists away from you.
- I refuse to do business with members of hate groups such as “alt-right / alt-furry”. If you see anyone on my waitlist known to be associated with these groups, please point them out to me and they will be blocked.
(all of the terms above also apply to fursuits)
Waitlist and Payment Plans
- The minimum payment to reserve a space on the waitlist for the whole suit/character is the down payment for the head. The 1 year deadline (see above) is per individual fursuit part, so at least the head must be paid off within 1 year of the down payment, but if you wait until later to do down payments on the other parts the clock starts on them from when you do the down payments. So, you can stretch the timeline for paying off the whole suit. Keep in mind though that down payments are what lock in your price at whatever is currently listed on my price list, and that waiting to do down payments may mean paying higher prices if I update my price list. And, waiting to make down payments for other parts may put those parts in a lower slot on the Numbered Waitlist, meaning completion of your suit as a whole may be delayed.
- If you’ve already had at least a fursuit head made by me, or are on the waitlist for at least a head, you may commission more parts for your suit (such as handpaws) or upgrade your head (for example adding a moving jaw) at any time. You do not have to wait for my public commission status to open.
- Each suit part requires a separate down payment. Having put a down payment on a head only locks in the currently listed/quoted prices for that part, not the whole suit.
- If you frequently post photos of yourself suiting, I require that you credit me as your suit maker somewhere in the “about / bio” section of your website / social media account. You should also credit the artist who designed the character, and the photographer. Crediting me on each individual photo/video is appreciated but not required if credit has already been posted elsewhere on the site.
Fit / Measurements
- It is up to you to provide me with accurate measurements. I cannot be held responsible if an ill fitting suit is the result of bad measurements. I recommend that you buy a sewing measuring tape if you are ordering a head or arm sleeves.
Shipping / Con Pickup
- Prices quoted do not include cost of shipping! Shipping fursuits can be expensive ($50-100), please budget accordingly. International shipping is more expensive and may also include fees charged by customs inspection.
- I may wait until all suit parts are finished before shipping, so you can get the lowest shipping price and I can get photographs of the complete suit for my portfolio.
- I sometimes attend cons. You may pick up your suit there if you like. You may also bring the suit to these cons to be repaired. Do not pressure me to attend a con just to save you money on shipping.
Repairs / Maintenance
I will do repairs without charging for labor on:
- popped seams
- broken zippers
- detached claws
- etc. basically anything that’s broken because of normal wear and/or a mistake I made while making the suit
If it broke because of normal wear and tear, you still have to pay for cost of shipping and new materials. If it broke because of a mistake I made, there is no charge at all (you pay shipping, I will determine whether it was indeed my fault, and then I will reimburse you for shipping).
I will charge you cost of shipping, materials, and labor hours to repair (or may not even be able to repair):
- bad repairs done by you or another maker. Do not attempt to repair your suit if you don’t know what you’re doing. It could make a problem worse, and harder for me to fix.
- damage caused by unreasonable use of the suit, such as wearing it in extreme weather/environment, smoking/cooking or otherwise dealing with fire/grease while suiting, crafting with glue/paint while suiting, etc.
- popped seams or other damage due to you letting a larger person wear your suit. Obviously I have no way to verify this so please be honest.
- damage from the suit having been improperly washed or stored/transported
The way you wash and store your suit can significantly affect how long it holds up. There are lots of tutorials out there about this, and I will send you more information about suit care when your suit is shipped.